The Children and Young People’s (CYP) Speech and Language Therapy service offers a child- and family-centred approach to support CYP with speech, language, communication needs (SLCN) and those with eating and drinking difficulties in Hertfordshire.
We work in partnership with parents, carers, health and education professionals to promote positive outcomes for CYP. Our service model aims to reduce the gap and inequalities amongst CYP in Hertfordshire who have SLCN.
Our service offer is underpinned by the following aims:
• CYP and families are empowered through the provision of information and advice
• CYP and families are able to manage their own health and wellbeing by learning new skills
• CYP’s participation is maximised through enhanced, communication friendly environments
• The wider children’s workforce are confident to support CYP with SLCN
• There is early identification of SLCN and impacts minimised through early advice and support
• CYP and families can access high-quality, evidence-based, effective intervention in a timely manner
• CYP achieve positive outcomes that prepare them for life through a collaborative approach
This page contains information and help; however we also have a dedicated telephone number which parents, carers and professional can call to speak to a therapist about a new referral or child’s development. The advice line number is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please leave a message on our Advice Line 01992 823093 and a therapist will contact you. Calls are responded to by a therapist on Wednesdays.
If your child is already known to the service please contact us on the number below.
Telephone: 01992 823193
We are sorry, but we have had to suspend our drop-in speech and language therapy clinics for the foreseeable future. All our therapists who run these clinics are being redeployed into local schools where they will continue to provide support. We will review the situation in due course. You can still contact our advice line for support on 01992 823093. This line is open to parents, carers and professionals who have a query about speech and language support or who want to discuss a potential referral.
Copyright © 2015 - 2020 Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust