Director of Nursing and Quality (voting member)
Sarah was appointed as Director of Nursing and Quality and Director of Infection, Prevention and Control in February 2019. She is also the SRO for vaccination centres across Bedford, Luton and Milton Keynes, and Herts and West Essex geographies.
She joined HCT from Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT), a combined mental health and community trust with services in Essex and Bedfordshire where she was Deputy Director of Nursing and Director of Infection Prevention and Control. Sarah was previously Acting Executive Nurse at South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust and she has worked at a senior level in the former Bedfordshire Community Health Services Trust.
Sarah brings a breadth and depth of experience to the Trust role. She has extensive experience of integrated community and mental health services, nursing and clinical leadership and workforce transformation across complex systems. She has worked at local, regional and national levels. In 2021, she was awarded the title of Queen’s Nurse by The Queen’s Nursing Institute.
- Executive lead and advisor for nurses and allied health professionals on the Trust Board
- Board lead for safeguarding
- Quality and governance
- Clinical leadership
- Patient safety
- Patient experience
- Director of infection, prevention and control
- Executive director for Freedom to Speak Up
- Executive lead for mental health and learning disability (joint with medical director)
- Executive lead for vaccination centres
- Executive lead and senior responsible officer (SRO) for COVID-19 mass vaccination programme