Access to Medical Records

You can request informal access to records by speaking to the professional staff involved in your care.

If you think that some of the information in your records is inaccurate you are entitled by law to ask for it to be corrected.

In special circumstances the law allows us not to show you your information, such as if we consider it harmful to you, or another person’s physical or mental wellbeing.

For formal access to your records you must make a request in writing to:

Access to Records
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
Unit 1a, Howard Court
14 Tewin Road
Welwyn Garden City


In all cases proof of identity must be provided. We may also require additional information to process your request. Once we have copies of your identity documentation and the information required to enable us to process your request we will send a copy of the records within 30 days to you by Special Delivery.

Please note that under the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 we may decide to make a charge for repeat requests or where there has been no change to the information we hold about you since a previous request. This will be communicated to you.

Requests from solicitors must be accompanied by a consent form signed by the patient. If you would like to make a request on behalf of a relative, or for the records of a relative who has died, please contact the address and ask for a form.

The Trust is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as a Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulation 2108 and the Data Protection Act 2018. To see details of our registration, please go to the Information Commissioner's Office website and enter registration number Z2489526.