Posted: June 21 2019
We held our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday 19 June at Tewin Bury Farm in Welwyn. Local people joined our stakeholders, partners and staff to hear about our key achievements during 2018/19. The AGM was also followed by a “marketplace” with information on a range of health initiatives and services from HCT and other local organisations.
Our Chair Declan O’Farrell opened the meeting and gave a summary of highlights from the previous year. He was joined by CEO Clare Hawkins and Director of Finance David Bacon, who presented details of our operational and financial performance, as well focusing on some of our other key achievements across our services.
Here are some of the key facts about HCT in 2018/19 which Declan, Clare and David highlighted:
• Retained our CQC rating of Good
• Recruited over 500 new colleagues
• Achieved all our financial targets
• Retained our top Single Oversight Framework rating with NHS Improvement
• Maintained positive relationships with key partners, stakeholders & regulators
• Reached the finals of the HSJ Value and Patient Safety Awards
• Worked with our partners to establish the Hertfordshire Family Centre Service across the County
• Won a contract to lead nutrition and dietetics services in west Hertfordshire
• Launched our central referral hub for children’s specialist services
• Developed the Maple Frailty clinic model with local partners
• Celebrated the NHS 70 celebrations with a variety of events with over 300 HCT staff receiving an NHS 70 HCT Superstar award
• Launched HCT’s new vision: Outstanding services, healthier communities
• Launched HCT’s new values: Innovative - Caring - Agile
We also had three additional presentations about our services. Our Acting Medical Director Dr Elizabeth Kendrick highlighted the trust’s work on frailty. You can view the frailty case study film here. Katy Healy Associate Director of Operations for Children and Young people’s Service at HCT gave an insight around meeting the needs of our children and young people by working in close partnership with other key organisations in Hertfordshire.
This includes HCT’s school nursing and health visiting services, complimented by family centre services run by InspireAll (formerly Hertsmere Leisure), Barnardo’s and One YMCA. You can watch the Family Centre Services animation film here. Lastly there was a presentation by HCT’s Staffside Chair, Sophie Morgan on supporting and developing our workforce. Watch the supporting HCT staff-themed video she presented here.
Thank you to everyone who came!
If you are a journalist or media representative requiring further information contact our communications team on (01707) 388148 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2020 Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust