Linda was appointed as a non-executive director in June 2013. She qualified as a doctor from Trinity College, Dublin and moved to the UK for post-graduate training in general practice. Linda worked in primary care in Bedfordshire for over 15 years before training to be a public health medicine consultant. She worked in that capacity in London, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and more widely across the East of England region. She retired from her post as Deputy Regional Director in March 2013.
During her time as a clinician, Linda has led many programmes aimed at improving the quality and resilience of health services, including GP prescribing, diabetes care, cancer screening, child health, maternity services, healthcare associated infection, emergency planning, the 2009 flu pandemic and NHS preparedness for the 2012 Olympic Games.
• Chair – Trust Board
• Chair - Strategy, Partnership and Engagement Committee
• Chair - Charitable Funds Committee
• Member – Quality Committee
• Member – People, Performance and Finance Committee
• Member – Remuneration Committee
• Appointed 1 June 2013 to 30 May 2017
• Reappointed in 2017 to 30 May 2019
• Extended in 2019 to 31 March 2020
• Appointed as substantive Chair in June 2020 to October 2021
Copyright © 2021 Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust