Linda was appointed as a Non-Executive Director in June 2013. She qualified as a doctor from Trinity College, Dublin and moved to the UK for post-graduate training in general practice. Linda worked in primary care in Bedfordshire for over 15 years before training to be a public health medicine consultant. She worked in that capacity in London, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and more widely across the East of England region. She retired from her post as Deputy Regional Director in March 2013.
During her time as a clinician, Linda has led many programmes aimed at improving the quality and resilience of health services, including GP prescribing, diabetes care, cancer screening, child health, maternity services, healthcare-associated infection, emergency planning, the 2009 flu pandemic and NHS preparedness for the 2012 Olympic Games.
• Chair – Trust Board
• Chair - Strategy, Planning and Engagement Committee
• Chair - Charitable Funds Committee
• Member – People, Performance and Finance Committee
• Member – Remuneration Committee
• Appointed 1 June 2013 to 30 May 2017
• Reappointed in 2017 to 30 May 2019
• Extended in 2019 to 31 March 2020
• Appointed as Interim Chair from 19 October 2020
• Extended in 2020 until 31 October 2022
• Extended in November 2021 to April 2023
Copyright © 2022 Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust